Zoomers! Do you feel we have a responsibility to mentor or coach young entrepreneurs? If yes, what hourly rate should we charge?

Tags: back, career, entrepreneurs, giving, jobs, mentor, mentoring, mentorship, money, second, More…young, zoomers

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I currently mentor Afghan refugees -everything from improving endlish language skills to improving proposals. It is exhausting, in particular the crazy hours I donate. Those most in need of help have seen their world destroyed and loved ones die. They arrive here with little and have only a few words of English. They may have been doctor's there, but here they work under the table at Mac's milk. They are not free to attend ESL classes or other formal training, as the Mac's job is usually only one of three. How could I charge???

On the other hand I sometimes critique or edit business proposals. For editing .. $75.00 per hour and mentoring $42.00. Other services are negotiable.
Lynda, thanks for sharing your experience. I agree with you that it's exhausting to be a mentor, but it's something everyone should do to some degree. One tip - determine how many hours you can give of quality mentorship, then give those hours. After that, enjoy the positive feelings you get from that activity and perhaps you'll feel a little less exhausted.

Lynda Parker said:
I currently mentor Afghan refugees -everything from improving endlish language skills to improving proposals. It is exhausting, in particular the crazy hours I donate. Those most in need of help have seen their world destroyed and loved ones die. They arrive here with little and have only a few words of English. They may have been doctor's there, but here they work under the table at Mac's milk. They are not free to attend ESL classes or other formal training, as the Mac's job is usually only one of three. How could I charge???

On the other hand I sometimes critique or edit business proposals. For editing .. $75.00 per hour and mentoring $42.00. Other services are negotiable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Community Activity

Keith commented on Annette Tilden's group THE NEW LAUGH OUT LOUD
"Lynne, your last post truncated. KB"
4 hours ago
Glady Dixon commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"Laura52    Thanks.  Our date morning should go well as usual !"
5 hours ago
Glady Dixon commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"Linda Parr   Well said.  Kids need a loving, caring, dependable home.  Today's kids are spoiled so badly that Reily sounds like and up and coming SUPERSTAR !  Thanks, my bagel breakie will be great as usual ! …"
6 hours ago
alexander Mollison commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"lol my bpension comes tomorrow its small a partial but it all helps, thawed out now face feels better rent payed on 1st and rogers on 10th then have to think about kids for xmas."
6 hours ago

© 2014   Part of the Zoomer Interactive Network.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

google-site-verification: googlef2bf84fe9dda65cb.html