Zoomers! Do you feel we have a responsibility to mentor or coach young entrepreneurs? If yes, what hourly rate should we charge?

Tags: back, career, entrepreneurs, giving, jobs, mentor, mentoring, mentorship, money, second, More…young, zoomers

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I currently mentor Afghan refugees -everything from improving endlish language skills to improving proposals. It is exhausting, in particular the crazy hours I donate. Those most in need of help have seen their world destroyed and loved ones die. They arrive here with little and have only a few words of English. They may have been doctor's there, but here they work under the table at Mac's milk. They are not free to attend ESL classes or other formal training, as the Mac's job is usually only one of three. How could I charge???

On the other hand I sometimes critique or edit business proposals. For editing .. $75.00 per hour and mentoring $42.00. Other services are negotiable.
Lynda, thanks for sharing your experience. I agree with you that it's exhausting to be a mentor, but it's something everyone should do to some degree. One tip - determine how many hours you can give of quality mentorship, then give those hours. After that, enjoy the positive feelings you get from that activity and perhaps you'll feel a little less exhausted.

Lynda Parker said:
I currently mentor Afghan refugees -everything from improving endlish language skills to improving proposals. It is exhausting, in particular the crazy hours I donate. Those most in need of help have seen their world destroyed and loved ones die. They arrive here with little and have only a few words of English. They may have been doctor's there, but here they work under the table at Mac's milk. They are not free to attend ESL classes or other formal training, as the Mac's job is usually only one of three. How could I charge???

On the other hand I sometimes critique or edit business proposals. For editing .. $75.00 per hour and mentoring $42.00. Other services are negotiable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Community Activity

alexander Mollison commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
""ONE" wednesday' "
2 hours ago
"Ran out and got milk heard it was going to rain in morning so I am good to go. "
2 hours ago
Glady Dixon commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"Lynne G   No time for Cuff to play on the streets !  lol You have a great evening too.  All others have a nice evening.  Will chat with you in the a.m.  :)"
2 hours ago
"Wednesdays pot kitties find the hidden "ONE" "
3 hours ago

© 2014   Part of the Zoomer Interactive Network.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

google-site-verification: googlef2bf84fe9dda65cb.html