Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life.
-- Author Unknown

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
-- Lao Tzu

thank grandpa  Ken  and everyone!

KEEP  em  coming.
LOVE

Just for us seniors

"Every season hath its pleasures; spring may boast her flowery prime. Yet the vineyard's ruby treasures brighten autumn's soberer time." - Thomas Moore
"If I had my life to live over I'd pick more daisies." - Don Herold
Alexander Woollcott
There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day.

Hindu Proverb
There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.

Mahatma Gandhi
There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.

Unknown Author
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

I've been fascinated with quotations for many years Elkouri - there are so many that carry wonderful ideas to live by. Many have been written centuries ago and are just as valuable today, maybe more so.

"All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience." - Johann von Goethe (1749-1832)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

A dialogue is more than two monologues.
- Max Kampelman

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- Chinese Proverb

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger.
- Proverbs 15:1

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.
Buddha

When good people in any country cease their vigilance and struggle, then evil men prevail.
Pearl S. Buck

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done.

Leonardo da Vinci

I'm a big fan of quotes. Here are a few I've come up with; at least I think they are mine. lol. Sometimes it's been around me for so long, I think I own it. If so, my humble apologies to the author.

Let your passion decide the direction to success;

Let your integrity decide the roads to it.

A truly successful man can turn around, look behind and see no carnage.

Not admitting you're wrong is not the same as being right; it just makes you wrong longer.

Wisdom, unlike intelligence, requires honesty.

When women make love, they fall in love; when men make love, they fall asleep.

Education is man's greatest equalizer.

Man's most self-destructive force is his ego.

If one man spends his life earning and another man spends his life learning, who is the richer? And how would one convince the other?

That's enough for now. Hope you enjoy.

Albert MacDonald

elkouri said:
Alexander Woollcott

Hindu Proverb
There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.

Mahatma Gandhi
There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.

Unknown Author

Sienna Smythe said:
"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."   ---Mark Twain---

elkouri said:
Alexander Woollcott

Hindu Proverb

Mahatma Gandhi

Unknown Author

My favourite quote (although I can't recall who said it), and one to remember when we feel we are deserving of something:  "If we all got what we deserved, who amongst us would escape a whipping"

I do enjoy quotes and I do keep track of many I have come accross and like.

this is a great discussion.

"Yesterday is a dream, tomorrow but a vision, But today well-lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness; and every tomorrow a vison of hope.  Look well, therefore to this day."

-----Sanskritt Proverb-----

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Community Activity

Keith commented on Annette Tilden's group THE NEW LAUGH OUT LOUD
"Lynne, your last post truncated. KB"
3 hours ago
Glady Dixon commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"Laura52    Thanks.  Our date morning should go well as usual !"
4 hours ago
Glady Dixon commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"Linda Parr   Well said.  Kids need a loving, caring, dependable home.  Today's kids are spoiled so badly that Reily sounds like and up and coming SUPERSTAR !  Thanks, my bagel breakie will be great as usual ! …"
5 hours ago
alexander Mollison commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"lol my bpension comes tomorrow its small a partial but it all helps, thawed out now face feels better rent payed on 1st and rogers on 10th then have to think about kids for xmas."
5 hours ago

© 2014   Part of the Zoomer Interactive Network.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

google-site-verification: googlef2bf84fe9dda65cb.html