On CPP Disability/Any other women trying to make it on this and keep their home too?????

Hi: I thought I would just throw this out there to those Zoomer women who are not doing so well as they approach Retirement Years. After working for 33 years I did not plan this happening in my life. I was always frugal and didn't even like shopping. I turned 50 and life as I knew it was gone forever. I am now in a position that I do not like at all. I owe way too much on Credit Cards because anything extra like getting my 18 years old car tuned up or my dog getting sick or a flat tire is not in my budget so I put it on the Credit Card, knowing well that I was not able to pay it off, plus the fact that I felt so useless. I had worked since I was 17 and suddenly nothing. I want to know if anyone knows a solution to holding onto my house and still paying off my debt. There are no extras in my household except dog treats. Even if I sold my house, which right now is not a good time at all, I wouldn't get enough to pay off my bills. I was thinking about renting it out/ has anyone any thoughts on this??

Tags: CPP, Disability

Views: 308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am just wondering if you have saved the house??
Did you consider the government paying your taxes on the house for you.
In Victoria the government will pay the taxes on your house, if you are over 60 I think it is, and you can pay them back when you sell. It will cost a little in interest. but the way houses are going up, you would not miss this extra 1500 or more a year against the increase in your property.
I use it every year and I am still working and I put it to better use. ( I am a Financial Planner) So use every angle you can to put that little bit in the savings.
Like your friends here say, find a little job, maybe one day a week. Avon or whatever you fancy. I do hope this helps dear, as it is hard when we cannot see the woods for the trees.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Part of the Zoomer Interactive Network.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

google-site-verification: googlef2bf84fe9dda65cb.html