Are you affected by Adult ADHD and what are you doing to overcome your disability?

Hi Zoomers:

I'm Ian Walker and I was diagnosed with ADHD in 1998, through McMaster University. I always knew that their was "something" in my learning process that wasn't quite right. I am not on medication and was last on "drugs" to aid my emotional well being in 1999. I have not needed any medications since then.

Now after having a very busy and rewarding career as an Arts Administrator, Marketing and Fundraising consultant..as I will be 49 in 2009, I was wondering how other ADHD Adults are coping out there? What strategies have you used? How has your work life affected you and your relationships or family? Let's talk as ADHD Zoomers...and build a community.

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

I've found that Mindfulness Meditation for Stress Reduction/Cognative Therapy is very helpful in dealing with my Adult ADHD. I'm hoping to help others who have similar conditions. So if anyone is interested in Mindfulness Meditation they can contact me on my Zoomer page or here!

RSS

Members

Community Activity

alexander Mollison commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"kate today. "
24 minutes ago
"tuesdays "ONE"S "
32 minutes ago
"thanks for "ONE"s for Wednesday will get too them soon coffee news and library first."
34 minutes ago
14 hours ago

© 2014   Part of the Zoomer Interactive Network.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

google-site-verification: googlef2bf84fe9dda65cb.html