I've got the best cold remedy! Take a clove of garlic. Chop it up into tiny squares. Gradually swallow the pieces of garlic with water on a tablespoon. Repeat for a few days. Don't take raw garlic on an empty stomach as it can cause upset. If you do this on the first signs of a cold, the garlic with triumph and you will be laughing (but hopefully not in a crowded room :)!

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

My grandmother used to make this but also added the herb yarrow to it. It really tasted good she also made a paste like remedy from this and you took it by the spoon.

Claire said:
Also a Ginger garlic tea is a wonder drug for cold.
In a cup, place one chopped up garlic clove, and on inch fresh ginger chopped, add boiling water and let it simmer for few minutes, then add some honey. This is the best.
The garlic remedy sounds good except that you have to make sure no one is around you. Wonder if it would work if you can roast the garlic in the oven; I was given a recipe and in that it said that you can take the whole garlic and just cut off the stem, put a bit of olive oil in a oven pan, place the garlic face down and roast it on 350 degrees until it is browned but not burnt! Let it cool and when you mash and use that in recipes, after peeling of course, it does not smell at all or even if you eat it like that.
Have you also noticed that people who have colds - their breath smells of garlic?
I take the chopped up garlic pieces on a teaspoon of honey... goes down so easy... helps clear up the sinuses in no time at all...

RSS

Members

Community Activity

Glady Dixon commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"ALEX     CONGRATULATIONS !  You have hit 40,000.  What a guy.  How does it feel to be so good ?"
1 hour ago
Glady Dixon commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"Alex   Luv Dual at the mall video."
1 hour ago
Linda Seccaspina commented on Linda Seccaspina's blog post An Erotic Ode to Peeps with Precious Precarious Peep Photos
"So have I but I did give Steve a Godiva chocolate dipped Peep hahaha I agree with you about the serving situation"
1 hour ago
Steve S commented on Linda Seccaspina's blog post An Erotic Ode to Peeps with Precious Precarious Peep Photos
"I have changed over to the Cadbury mini eggs cult. They look a lot like little robin and sparrow eggs and solid milk chocolate on the inside. They come in single serving packages (around 200 Kcal). That's good fro me because any size…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Part of the Zoomer Interactive Network.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

google-site-verification: googlef2bf84fe9dda65cb.html