I've got the best cold remedy! Take a clove of garlic. Chop it up into tiny squares. Gradually swallow the pieces of garlic with water on a tablespoon. Repeat for a few days. Don't take raw garlic on an empty stomach as it can cause upset. If you do this on the first signs of a cold, the garlic with triumph and you will be laughing (but hopefully not in a crowded room :)!

Views: 21

Replies to This Discussion

My grandmother used to make this but also added the herb yarrow to it. It really tasted good she also made a paste like remedy from this and you took it by the spoon.

Claire said:
Also a Ginger garlic tea is a wonder drug for cold.
In a cup, place one chopped up garlic clove, and on inch fresh ginger chopped, add boiling water and let it simmer for few minutes, then add some honey. This is the best.
The garlic remedy sounds good except that you have to make sure no one is around you. Wonder if it would work if you can roast the garlic in the oven; I was given a recipe and in that it said that you can take the whole garlic and just cut off the stem, put a bit of olive oil in a oven pan, place the garlic face down and roast it on 350 degrees until it is browned but not burnt! Let it cool and when you mash and use that in recipes, after peeling of course, it does not smell at all or even if you eat it like that.
Have you also noticed that people who have colds - their breath smells of garlic?
I take the chopped up garlic pieces on a teaspoon of honey... goes down so easy... helps clear up the sinuses in no time at all...

RSS

Members

Community Activity

alexander Mollison commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"From the little bird!! "
35 minutes ago
Glady Dixon commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"Laura52   You have a terrific supper and great night too. Have a nice evening all.  Will chat with you in the early p.m. tomorrow. :)"
3 hours ago
alexander Mollison commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"all have a good night its feets up time "
3 hours ago
Glady Dixon commented on alexander Mollison's group The Kitties
"Barb    Glad you and Sam were able to sit outside for awhile and enjoy it.  Bagel morning was great as usual.  Linda Parr   Hope you enjoy having Brady today. "
3 hours ago

© 2014   Part of the Zoomer Interactive Network.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

google-site-verification: googlef2bf84fe9dda65cb.html