When do most of us take action
or start to live? It's when we face death. Do or die
situations. Life is precious and we seem to recognize that when tragedy hits. "I'm going to enjoy all the things that I haven't given myself time to do." "I'm going to live life to it's fullest." "I'm going to be kind to everyone and forgive my enemies." "I'm going to reach my goal
! Live NOW
! Do those things… Continue
Added by Virginia Wild on May 31, 2009 at 11:29pm —
One of the radio personalities read an artical about caring for pets that was very moving and true. It was either on Friday or Saturday and was hoping it would have been posted here. If there is any way anyone could get a copy.
Added by Ron H on May 30, 2009 at 8:41pm —
i was contacted, not on my site in zoomers, but on my email site, by a person by the name of joy merab, mabou from (she said) a refugee camp near dakar, senegal, africa. i replied to her, and she turned out to be a young person, who was looking for a way out of her circumstances, and a move to my hometown, nanaimo bc, canada. i was subsequently contacted by a (supposedly) director of the camp, a person by the name of
reverend jonathan lawrence, who was asking for money for the release… Continue
Added by alister brydon chilton on May 30, 2009 at 11:40am —
Canada (Press Release) May 29, 2009 --
Tracy H. Bevington, CEO & Founder of EcuMedical Resources International wishes to announce the recent strategic alliance with Dr. Farid Fata, M.D., F.A.C.P.
Dr. Fata is a renound Hematology/Oncology specialist and has saved many lives with cancer. As of recent Dr. Fata gave years of life back to an EcuMedical patient. This Canadian was given only 3-6 weeks to live by a Canadian Cancer Centre.
Mr. Bevington is proud to… Continue
Added by EcuMedical on May 29, 2009 at 4:30pm —
Weekends on AM740 are times for reflection and celebration. You’ll hear great music, of course, but also some unique cultural glimpses and snapshots of the best that Toronto has to offer. Here are a few highlights of what’s on this weekend.
8am-9am :: From A Woman's Perspective with Marilyn Weston
This Saturday, Marilyn's guests will be Doctors of Chiropractic Dr. Philip McAllister… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on May 29, 2009 at 12:00pm —
Top ten hits from this week in 1952
10. The Blacksmith Blues -- Ella Mae Morse
9. I'll Walk Alone -- Don Cornell
8. I'm Yours -- Eddie Fisher
7. I'm Yours -- Don Cornell
6. A Guy is a Guy -- Doris Day
5. Delicado -- Percy Faith
4. Wheel of Fortune -- Kay Starr
3. Here in My Heart -- Al Martino (Al's first hit)
2. Kiss of Fire -- Georgia Gibbs
1. Blue Tango -- Leroy Anderson (2nd of 5 weeks at #1)
Listen to Top 10 at 10 with… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on May 29, 2009 at 11:00am —
By Frances Willick, The Windsor StarMay 27, 2009
Source: WINDSOR STAR
Patients seeking bariatric surgery in the region will soon have easier access to pre- and post-operation services.
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care announced $12.6 million funding for increased bariatric services on Tuesday.
The money will fund the new centre in Windsor as… Continue
Added by EcuMedical on May 29, 2009 at 10:02am —
Bring your family- bring your friends- split the gas and spend 4 days at Bluesfest International. We've arranged special hotel packages and top performers for your summer fun. Great food, beverages, merchandise and vendors.
Ticket Prices- OH MY!
$35 per person for 4 day passport - all events
$10 for family of 4, Sunday, July 19 from 1:45 pm to 11 pm.- WOW
Bluesfest is the 11th largest blues festival in North America.
The Funk Brothers, Los Lonely… Continue
Added by Sheryl on May 28, 2009 at 10:30pm —
Top ten hits from this week in 1967
10. All I Need -- Temptations
9. Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon -- Neil Diamond
8. Something Stupid -- Frank & Nancy Sinatra
7. Creeque Alley -- Mamas & Papas (their true story of how they met)
6. Sweet Soul Music -- Arthur Conley (his tribute to the era's great soul singers)
5. The Happening -- Supremes
4. Release Me -- Englebert Humperdinck (his first hit a cover of an country song)
3. I Got Rhythm --… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on May 28, 2009 at 10:00pm —
We are all filled with wonderful and frightening emotions. These emotions can control our lives, if we let them.
Happiness or sadness, calm or anger, fear or courage, grateful or envy, forgiveness or vengeful, frustrated
or in control, passion or numbness, warmth or bitterness, proud or ashamed, confidence or shyness,triumphant
or defeated …. what other emotions come to your mind? Which ones do you let control you or do you control?
It is said that opposites… Continue
Added by Virginia Wild on May 28, 2009 at 9:30pm —
So the funniest thing was said to me today:
Your not over 50! why are you on "zoomers.ca"?
When I composed myself (from my laughing fit) I explained, to this uneducated individual, that being over 50 has nothing to do with being a Zoomer!!
I will admit it is the basis of the idea but it is not the standard and rule!
I have not been an oficial zoomer for long (obviously) but I am one through and through!
Born in 1986, i don't fit in to the… Continue
Added by Cheryl Laurene Fretz on May 28, 2009 at 4:30pm —
Attended a meeting of the Windsor district of CARP on May 27th. Moses was there and gave an EXCELLENT presentation and answered MANY questions. I know almost everyone who was there fully enjoyed the meeting and presentation. Thanks Moses.
Added by James Osborn on May 28, 2009 at 10:30am —
Top ten hits from this week in 1960
10. Cradle of Love -- Johnny Preston
9. Burning Bridges -- Jack Scott
8. Sixteen Reasons -- Connie Stevens
7. Paper Roses -- Anita Bryant
6. Night -- Jackie Wilson
5. Greenfields -- Brothers Four
4. He'll Have to Stay -- Jeanne Black
3. Good Timin' -- Jimmy Jones
2. Stuck On You -- Elvis Presley (a former #1 hit)
1. Cathy's Clown -- Everly Brothers
Listen to Top 10 at 10 with Frank Proctor… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on May 27, 2009 at 11:00am —
In my most recent book, ONE: The Art and Practice of Conscious Leadership, I wrote about how South Korean activist lawyer and presidential candidate Roh Moo Hyun leveraged technology to become elected - he showed us how technology helps to make us one. This week we received the sad news that Roh had committed suicide.
In his bid to become President of South Korea Roh leveraged the power of the Internet even before Barak Obama. Self-educated, Roh came from a poor family and in earlier… Continue
Added by Lance Secretan on May 27, 2009 at 9:00am —
Top ten hits of Peggy Lee
(born May 26th, 1920)
10. Is That All There Is -- peaked #11, in 1969 (won Grammy Award)
9. I Don't Know Enough About You -- peaked # 7, in 1946
8. Fever -- peaked # 8, in 1958 (her classic !)
7. Waiting for the Train to Come -- peaked # 4, in 1945
6. Why Don't You Do Right -- peaked # 4, in 1943
5. Lover -- peaked # 3, in 1952
4. Riders in the Sky -- peaked # 2, in 1949
3. Golden Earrings -- peaked # 2, in… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on May 26, 2009 at 11:00am —
Top ten songs written by Bob Dylan
(his birthday was yesterday - born May 24, 1941)
10. Knockin' on Heaven's Door -- Bob Dylan -- peaked #12 in 1973
9. The Mighty Quinn -- Manfred Mann -- peaked #10 in 1968
8. Blowin' in the Wind -- Stevie Wonder -- peaked #9, in 1966
7. Don't Think Twice, it"s Alright -- Peter, Paul & Mary -- peaked #9, in 1963
6. It Ain't Me Babe -- Turtles -- peaked #8, in 1966
5. Positively 4th Street -- Bob Dylan -- peaked #7,… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on May 25, 2009 at 11:00am —
I have just recently joined Zoomers. I have been retired from teaching since 1996. Today I was pleased to find I have a friend on this site, Carol Ford. Now I just have to figure out how to access her so we can chat.
Added by Heather Lorraine Campbell on May 25, 2009 at 7:39am —
Thanks Bob, for liking my poem. I have quite a few more . . . all written when I was in much pain (pretty obvious, isn't it) dealing with an unwanted but it retrospect a necessary divorce. I was so angry . . . and being a private person I shunned the people who wore their hearts on their sleeve, bombarding you with ever detail of their latest all encompassing life drama. Oh if only they had thought of reality t.v. first . . . some of my friends would be very, very rich today.
Added by Deeare on May 24, 2009 at 12:57pm —
I never had a Blog before. I shall try to be resourceful with this new item.
Added by John Mitio on May 23, 2009 at 5:40pm —
Billy Joel and Elton John**CHEAP CHEAP I have 2 tickets for tues 5-26-09 show. sec 301 row 1 seats 22 &
23. I can't go. Do you want to buy them or know someone who does? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. I can ship
them overnight or drive to the border to meet you. 978-840-4776
Added by christy on May 23, 2009 at 5:06pm —