Top Ten Hits of The Beach Boys to celebrate Brian Wilson's birthday: June 20, 1942
10. Be True to Your School -- peaked #6 in 1963
9. Fun Fun Fun -- peaked #5 in 1964
8. Sloop John B -- peaked #3 in 1966 (old folk song)
7. Surfin' USA -- peaked #3 in 1963 (their first big hit)
6. California Girls -- peaked #3 in 1965
5. Barbara Ann -- peaked #2 in 1966 (lead vocal by Dean Torrence of Jan&Dean)
4. Kokomo -- peaked #1 in 1988 (huge comeback hit in Tom… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on June 18, 2009 at 11:00am —
Top Ten Songs from This Week in 1953
10. Vaya Con Dios -- Les Paul & Mary Ford
9. No Other Love -- Perry Como
8. Doggie in the Window -- Patti Page
7. Pretend -- Nat King Cole
6. I Believe -- Frankie Laine
5. Say You're Mine Again -- Perry Como
4. Ruby -- Richard Hayman
3. April in Portugal -- Les Baxter
2. I'm Walking Behind You -- Eddie Fisher
1. Song from 'Moulin Rouge' -- Percy Faith & Felicia Saunders
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on June 17, 2009 at 11:00am —
For years there has been free health care in Canada. This system has worked for the most part. Since 1995 there has been something of a health recession taking place. The increase in baby boomers and the decrease in skilled doctors is on the rise. As this phenomenon moves forward it creates a problem. Not enough care for the population. It seems that this could be the demise of the free system. This is not the case, there entities in Canada that have been patient, helping those in need. These… Continue
Added by EcuMedical on June 17, 2009 at 9:59am —
I just started using 'Reliv' nutritional drinks about a month ago and I can feel the difference in my energy level and memory. These drinks are amazing. I've heard so many good things about these drinks but did not believe them until I try them for myself.
I have arthritis in my spine. If anyone suffers with that, they know what it feels like. It's no fun. The next drink I will be using is their A-Affect.
Please visit my… Continue
Added by Sybil Sutherland on June 17, 2009 at 12:30am —
Solar products and their potential are receiving more and more attention as people become increasingly interested in alternative forms of energy. Of course, this isn't the only thing that contributes to their popularity. Many people simply love keeping up with new technology. This technology in particular is known for being easy to install, use, and maintain. It is also known for its lack of follow-up energy costs.
It is not… Continue
Added by Michelle Kuntz on June 16, 2009 at 8:02pm —
Yoga is regarded as one of the best exercises for maintaining a healthy body and mind and reducing the aging process.
It can easily be adapted for any person at any age and in any physical condition.
Yoga has become more popular in recent years due to the many benefits that can be had from regular yoga exercises.
One of the great things about yoga is the fact that it is very powerful at relieving stress.
For those people who are aware of how stress… Continue
Added by Michelle Kuntz on June 16, 2009 at 7:56pm —
The more money you save the more money you will have.
In today's World the way it is, many people are looking for ways to save their money that they work so hard for.
Over the years I have found a few clever things and idea's that really save you money. I would like to share some of the things I have learned.
1. Cool Down use less hot water. Electric Hot Water Heater use around 30% of your Electric… Continue
Added by Michelle Kuntz on June 16, 2009 at 7:49pm —
When you are driving down the road, you may come across a closed road - But you won't fret, because you have a map, and you will simply take another route.
Many times you may have to change your path, but your focus should remain on the goal and how you will reach it.
I believe in the power of thoughts. Whether you want to call it prayer, meditation, visualization, or anything else, there is power in it! If your… Continue
Added by Michelle Kuntz on June 16, 2009 at 7:30pm —
Have you ever wondered why some people seem to get wealthier while you struggle on, living hand to mouth, feeling like you are never getting anywhere? In these tough times with rising interest rates and home repossessions at an all time high, isn't it time you took some action to see how you can become one of those 'lucky' people who no longer have any money worries?
Love what you do, success is a secondary product that comes along with the joy of doing what you are loving to do.… Continue
Added by Michelle Kuntz on June 16, 2009 at 7:30pm —
Top Ten Songs from This Week in 1965
10. Ticket to Ride -- Beatles
9. Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte -- Patti Page (her final big hit)
8. Engine Engine #9 -- Roger Miller
7. Help Me Rhonda -- Beach Boys
6. Wonderful World -- Herman's Hermits
5. Back in My Arms Again -- Supremes
4. Crying in the Chapel -- Elvis Presley (song originally recorded in 1960; held till now)
3. Wooly Bully -- Sam The Sham & Pharaohs
2. Mr.Tambourine Man -- The… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on June 16, 2009 at 11:00am —
Top Ten Songs from This Week in 1973
10. You Are The Sunshine of My Life -- Stevie Wonder
9. Wildflower -- Skylark
8. Tie a Yellow Ribbon...Oak Tree -- Tony Orlando & Dawn
7. Kodachrome -- Paul Simon
6. Give Me Love, Give Me Peace -- George Harrison
5. Daniel -- Elton John
4. I'm Gonna Love You a Little Longer -- Barry White
3. Pillow Talk -- Sylvia
2. Playground In My Mind -- Clint Holmes
1. My Love -- Paul McCartney
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on June 15, 2009 at 11:00am —
This Week on AM740 -- JUNE 15 to JUNE 19, 2009
Countdowns, advocacy, fun tips, special guests, and great music...at work and all day, you'll hear the best of the best this week on AM740.
5:30am–10am :: The Happy Gang with Bill Gable, Eva D and John Gallagher
Monday: When the economy gets sluggish....So does customer service.
Tuesday: "Remembering Radio"--A chat about your favourite radio… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on June 15, 2009 at 5:00am —
On Tuesday, June 16, a critical vote on pension reform takes place in the House of Commons. It would help if you would contact your MP before that vote. Support CARP's leadership on pension reform. Make your voice heard.
The Motion is to
-increase OAS, GIS and CPP
-move pensioners closer to the front in case their employers go bankrupt.
-provide a national insurance fund against pension fund failure
-takes aim at executive compensation
Encourage your MP to support… Continue
Added by Wayne Harrigan on June 14, 2009 at 2:54pm —
I never had any desire to be an intellectual, which is just as well as I am not an intellectual. I never gained a degree yet I know I’m smarter than many who do, I never achieved any heights of recognized brilliance but I can get through a game of chess and sometimes win. And that’s important. Playing chess I mean. It is a game of defense and attack, but most of all it is a game of strategy where you try and achieve your victory many moves before you reach checkmate. That is a uniquely human… Continue
Added by Kenneth Shields on June 14, 2009 at 11:33am —
Great words to hear from your physician—like “Whatever you have been doing keep it up.” Or—“This is amazing your blood pressure is like that of a teenager.” Again—“Biologically you are twenty years younger than your chronological age. My optometrist said to me the other day: “You are seventy six, but you have no cataracts and your eyes are biologically that of a fifty year old—Wow! I mean things like that really make one’s day! When you walk out of the Doctors office with such compliments you… Continue
Added by Peter Graham Ms.D on June 14, 2009 at 8:49am —
As Martin Luther King Jr. said, “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” So, let’s take it one step at a time. We will reach the top.
Here’s a tibbit on Self-Mastery. Do you know who you really “are”, now? Forget the past, that is “was”. Who you “are” right now. Take responsibility for your previous self, good or bad. Own it! Now, the buck stops here! Let’s go forward and take 12 Steps to Self-Mastery.
#1 – Proper goal setting – have… Continue
Added by Virginia Wild on June 13, 2009 at 9:31pm —
Just 2 of the great shows that you'll see @ Bluesfest International
Steve Earle and Grammy Winner, Los Lonely Boys!
Time: July 16, 2009 at 6pm to July 19, 2009 at 6pm
Location: On the river overlooking Motown at the gorgeous Riverfront Festival Plaza
Weekend passport for 4 days, all events, Only $35 Wow.....
Lots more at www.thebluesfest.com
Los Lonely Boys, The Funk Brothers (celebrate Motown's 50th anniversary,
Added by Sheryl on June 13, 2009 at 9:13pm —
Top Ten Wedding Songs
(June is the month of weddings -- these are all songs about the actual wedding itself, not about proposing, or wishin' or hopin' or datin')
10. To The Aisle -- Five Satins
9. The Wedding Song -- Paul Stookey (of Peter, Paul & Mary)
8. Together (The New Wedding Song) -- Joey Gregorash (Winnipeger's big hit in 1987)
7. Daughter of Mine -- John McDermott
6. Hawaiian Wedding Song -- Andy Williams (peaked #11 in 1957)
5. The Wedding… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on June 12, 2009 at 11:00am —
Top Ten Hits from This Week in 1969
(40 years ago today)
10. The Boxer -- Simon & Garfunkel
9. You've Made Me So Very Happy -- Blood, Sweat & Tears
8. Too Busy Thinkin' 'Bout My Baby -- Marvin Gaye
7. These Eyes -- Guess Who
6. Love Theme from 'Romeo & Juliet" -- Henry Mancini
5. Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In -- Fifth Dimension
4. In the Ghetto -- Elvis Presley
3. Grazing in the Grass -- Friends of Distinction
2. Love (Can Make… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on June 11, 2009 at 11:00am —
Top Ten Hits from This Week in 1957
10. Start Movin' (in my direction) -- Sal Mineo
9. Little Darlin' -- The Diamonds
8. School Day -- Chuck Berry
7. Dark Moon -- Gale Storm
6. All Shook Up -- Elvis Presley
5. Bye Bye Love -- Everly Brothers
4. So Rare -- Jimmy Dorsey
3. A White Sport Coat -- Marty Robbins
2. A Teenager's Romance -- Ricky Nelson
1. Love Letters in the Sand -- Pat Boone
Listen to Top 10 at 10 with Frank… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on June 10, 2009 at 11:00am —