Are you in a rut? Do you need to make changes in your life, your finances or your business?
September is a great time to make changes to help you grow your business. Below is a good article I found that gives great tips on breaking out of a rut.
BREAKING OUT OF A RUT
By: Rick Warren
Here are four steps for breaking out of a rut:
1. Assume responsibility for your own life: Refuse to be an Excuser (rationalizing your failures) or an Accuser… Continue
Added by Monica Olenroot on August 31, 2009 at 2:00pm —
Top Ten Hits from This Week in 1954
10. Three Coins in the Fountain -- Four Aces
9. This Ole House -- Rosemary Clooney
8. Skokiaan -- Four Lads
7. The High and The Mighty -- Victor Young
6. Goodnight Sweetheart, Goodnight -- McGuire Sisters
5. Hernando's Hideaway -- Archie Bleyer
4. Little Things Mean a Lot -- Kitty Kallen
3. The Little Shoemaker -- The Gaylords
2. Hey There (fr. 'The Pajama… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on August 31, 2009 at 11:00am —
When Stevie, and his coalition partner Iggy decide to calls an election I plan on writing “MURDERS” on my ballot because of the House of Commons & National Medias’ Cover-ups!
You notice over the summer how politicians have all been hiding. The Liberals have said to be talking to Canadians. Non have talked to me. I know the Republicans will never talk to me.
The NDP (or what ever they may end up calling themselves) like wise have not talked to me.
Well I… Continue
Added by DOUG McLELLAN on August 30, 2009 at 7:51am —
Cindy M. here, coming from Cheektowaga, NY. I'm a retired US Coast Guard Auxiliarist, a volunteer organization, who works closely with the Coast Guard. Have been active as Instructor, Crew Member, & Publication Officer since 1989. Consider myself a 'waterbaby' from an early age. Want to share what the definition of a boat is:
A boat is a hole in the water, surrounded by wood, in which one pours money into. How true, eh! Don't own a boat, but had many good times on my friends, The… Continue
Added by Cindy Bear on August 29, 2009 at 2:04pm —
When you approach Harold Blank's van be sure to smile. It wears 2,000 cameras and most of them work.
He roams throughout North America - Europe too - and secretly, I think, photographs people who stare dumstruck at his camera-covered van.
I bumped into Harold's van at a rest stop on Interate 5 in Southern California, but I couldn't find him for an interview, even though I sat near by for close to an hour.
I know about Harold… Continue
Added by Pat Brennan on August 28, 2009 at 11:30pm —
That's a menacing look I am getting from Wyatt Earp.
He was somewhat nervous because those nasty Clanton brothers recently rode into town and Wyatt is being paid $2.50 a month to keep the streets of Tombstone, Arizona quiet and peaceful.
Quiet and peaceful is not the modus operandi of the Clanton boys, particularly when they're out drinking with the equally despicable McLaury brothers.
Wyatt (in the pretty pink cravat) was aware of the… Continue
Added by Pat Brennan on August 28, 2009 at 10:00pm —
I've been on the road for 10 months, circumnavigating North America in my small motor home.
I left Guelph, Ont. on Sept. 1/08 and headed east. When I collided with the Atlantic I turned right and followed that shoreline around to Prince Rupert - then back across Canada. I got home in early July.
While rolling along a dusty rural road in southeast Alberta I was pacing this male antelope. He apparently tired of me matching his stride and… Continue
Added by Pat Brennan on August 28, 2009 at 9:30pm —
It’s said that no news is good news, and that’s literally true as we all know when we switch to the news channels. It seems that delivering bad news is the ratings winner and there is very little to gain by broadcasting very much good news, except maybe as a closing item to make us smile after 25 minutes or bleakness and misery. That’s why we get so depressed watching the news or picking up a newspaper or just surfing the news networks on the internet.
A fatal plane crash, blazing… Continue
Added by Kenneth Shields on August 28, 2009 at 6:39pm —
Top Ten Hits from This week in 1966
10. Blowin' in the Wind -- Stevie Wonder
9. I Couldn't Live Without Your Love -- Petula Clark
8. Yellow Submarine -- Beatles
7. Working in the Coalmine -- Lee Dorsey
6. The Pied Piper -- Crispian St.Peters
5. You Can't Hurry Love -- Supremes
4. Sunshine Superman -- Donovan
3. See You In September -- Happenings
2. Sunny -- Bobby Hebb
1. Summer in the… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on August 28, 2009 at 11:00am —
Hear that sound?? Tic-toc-tic-toc.......time's running out so if you haven't got the info, NOW'S your chance!
"Feel teal Friday and dance again for ovarian cancer awareness" is the event on the lips of many radio DJ's, news-reporters and the general internet-public...but it won't stop there!
Remember the 70's, and that legendary music we all danced to??
Remember songs such as "That's the way [I like it]", [do a little dance make a… Continue
Added by Debbie Stevens on August 28, 2009 at 9:50am —
Social Media is a great platform to meet and greet prospects to your network marketing business. Twitter is one of the top social media sites today.
People can get to know who you are and vise versa. You want to attract like minded people to your Twitter account. As well as branding yourself, you will be surrounding yourself with others that have the success that you want.
To set up an account, go to: http://www.twitter.com
1. Set up your profile by adding your… Continue
Added by Virginia Wild on August 27, 2009 at 11:30pm —
Top Ten Hits from This Week in 1973:
10. Loves Me Like a Rock -- Paul Simon
9. Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose -- Tony Orlando & Dawn
8. Get Down -- Gilbert O'Sullivan
7. Yesterday Once More -- Carpenters
6. Kodachrome -- Paul Simon
5. Delta Dawn -- Helen Reddy
4. Let's Get it On -- Marvin Gaye
3. Bad Bad Leroy Brown -- Jim Croce
2. The Morning After -- Maureen McGovern
1. Touch… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on August 27, 2009 at 11:00am —
Top Ten Hits from This Week in 1951
10. Cold Cold Heart -- Tony Bennett
9. Shanghai -- Doris Day
8. Whispering -- Les Paul
7. My Truly, Truly Fair -- Guy Mitchell
6. I Get Ideas -- Tony Martin
5. Jezebel -- Frankie Laine
4. The Loveliest Night of the Year -- Mario Lanza
3. Too Young -- Nat King Cole
2. Because of You -- Tony Bennett
1. Come On-a-My House -- Rosemary Clooney
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on August 26, 2009 at 11:00am —
One thing in life that is certain is that our time in this earthly place is limited. We all see ourselves as invincible and no matter who you are, by all that is the human condition, we are the center of our own universe. We think therefore we are – but everything we see and hear is entirely from our own solitary perspective. Our skills at empathy are not without its flaws as we try to walk in another person’s shoes, where our own personality and self determination that is inherent in all of us… Continue
Added by Kenneth Shields on August 25, 2009 at 7:09pm —
Top Ten Hits from This Week in 1965
10. You Were on My Mind -- We Five (written by Canadian Sylvia Fricker, of Ian & Sylvia)
9. Down in the Boondocks -- Billy Joe Royal
8. Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss Me -- Mel Carter
7. Save Your Heart For Me -- Gary Lewis & Playboys (son of comic Jerry Lewis)
6. Like a Rolling Stone -- Bob Dylan (Dylan's classic)
5. It's The Same Old Song -- Four Tops
4. Unchained Melody --… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on August 25, 2009 at 11:00am —
Top Ten Hits from This Week in 1961
10. Hurt -- Timi Yuro
9. Take Good Care of My Baby -- Bobby Vee
8. Pretty Little Angel Eyes -- Curtis Lee
7. School is Out -- Gary US Bonds
6. I Like it Like That -- Chris Kenner
5. You Don't Know What You've Got Ral Donner (Elvis sound-alike)
4. Last Night -- Mar-Keys
3. Michael -- Highwaymen
2. Tossin' and Turnin' -- Bobby Lewis
1. Wooden Heart --… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on August 24, 2009 at 11:00am —
I took pictures of the mess, twig, and missing plants, but thank you for the suggestion
to photograph my missing plants in her backyard. That is an excellent idea!
Added by rosie on August 24, 2009 at 8:48am —
Reporter Judy Steed plays with her dog, Celeste, on the dock of her cottage this past July.
Judy Steed, recipient of the 19th annual Atkinson Fellowship, discusses her inspiration for her series that tackles the issues of a "demographic tsunami" bearing down on North Americans in the next decade. Nov. 8, 2008
2008 Atkinson Fellow Judy Steed spent a year documenting the most pressing implications of our aging society. Her… Continue
Added by Ronny Wiskin on August 23, 2009 at 4:00pm —
Anyone got ideas on how to stop a neighbour from digging out my plants and shrubs and putting them in her own garden -other than locking the gate (which I finally did)?
I saw her walking off with a rose bush, and she denies taking it.
We are supposedly good friends and neighbours! ??? but I have put hundreds of dollars and thousands of plants in my yard, and there is nothing left except a few twigs.
Added by rosie on August 23, 2009 at 11:01am —
Top Ten Songs of Kenny Rogers - celebrating his 71st birthday today! Happy Birthday, Kenny!
10. You Decorated My Life (1979)
peaked at #7
9. Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town (1969)
peaked at #6 (as First Edition)
8. We've Got Tonight (w. Sheena Easton) (1983)
peaked at #6
7. Just Dropped in to See What Condition... (1968)
peaked #5 (1st hit for First Ediiton)
6. Lucille (1977)
peaked at #5
5. Don't Fall… Continue
Added by The New AM 740 - Zoomer Radio on August 21, 2009 at 11:00am —