If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.
~Professor Irwin Corey
Give Ups to Lighten Up
Here are the top 10 give ups that can help you reduce the number on your bathroom scale:
10. Give up adopting the latest fad. Find ways to eat and exercise that match your preference and lifestyle.
9. Give up looking for the magic solution. Accept that eating differently and exercising regularly are necessary.
8. Give up eating unconsciously. Keep a food journal and record every morsel you consume.
7. Give up feeling hopeless because of past efforts. Treat prior attempts as part of the learning process.
6. Give up loathing yourself for having packed on pounds. Acknowledge your body for the gift of life.
5. Give up dieting. Find an eating regimen that you find enjoyable that doesn’t pack on pounds.
4. Give up trying to be perfect. Accept that you will make progress, backslide and then get back on track.
3. Give up trying to lose weight alone. Create a team of supporters and encourage each other.
2. Give up blaming genetics, lack of time or medical issues. Take responsibility for your choices.
1. Give up viewing the task of losing weight as a problem. Challenge yourself to begin an exciting journey of self-exploration.
Are you ready to make changes in your life? Let me know what you decide.